Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Creative Briefs

Earlier this week, I participated in a game where my Concept Development classmates and I were tested on how well we could listen and communicate. The most important part of the game was knowing how to properly exchange information based on our tone of voice and expression. Overall, the game was kind of fun, however, the fact that we sat in a circle and had to turn our heads left to right repeatedly caused me some motion sickness.

Further into our class we discussed Creative Briefs. A creative brief is documentation which provides a creative team or client with a detailed overview of the project at hand; key dates, goals, target audiences. I have once heard about detailed outlines of a project, but never once understood the term "creative brief." As a designer I have discovered the importance of developing creative briefs when working on projects, whether they are for small or much larger companies. Its a sort of contract and guide line for you and your client to understand and use as a reference throughout the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment